The travel guarantee covers car or taxi expenses if we are responsible for you being more than 20 minutes late reaching your destination. However, there are exceptions, which you can read more about under ‘When does the travel guarantee not apply?’.
It is your own decision to take a taxi or drive your own car in order to avoid further delay.
You can use the travel guarantee when you travel on Midttrafik buses, Letbanen or Lemvigbanen.
First, make sure that you fulfil the conditions for when the travel guarantee applies.
If you are in any doubt as to whether the travel guarantee applies, you can call Midttrafik Customer Services on tel. + 45 70 210 230.
Call for a taxi or drive your own car. We refund travel expenses up to 50 km by taxi or 50 km there and back by car. You pay the costs yourself. If you travel by taxi, remember to get a receipt, which you must submit along with your application.
We must receive your application within 14 days of you using the travel guarantee. If the application is late, you cannot expect to be refunded.
If your application is accepted, we will pay the sum seven working days after we receive your application.
You can use Midttrafik’s travel guarantee if you experience one of these situations:
- Your bus or the Letbanen is more than 20 minutes late
- Your bus or the Letbanen has departed before the time stated on the timetable
- Your bus or the Letbanen goes past you without stopping, and it is more than 20 minutes until the next one
- Your bus is so late that you miss your connection to another bus or the Letbanen, and if as a consequence of this you are more than 20 minutes late reaching your destination (the travel guarantee applies to connections shown in the timetable.
- The travel guarantee covers other connections if you have at least 4 minutes to change bus or Letbanen plus walking time to another stop – if, for example, it is a 3-minute walk, you must have a total of at least 7 minutes for your connection)
Consider whether you can use another bus connection before ordering a taxi or driving.
If you need to travel further than 50 km, you can drive to the nearest transport hub, from where you can usually find further transport options.
If you are one of several passengers at the stop who should have been on the same bus or the Letbanen, you can get a taxi or drive together. You can drive up to 50 km per person. Here the travel guarantee also applies only for transport to the destination the bus would have gone to.
Arriva and DSB have their own travel guarantees.
The travel guarantee does not apply:
- If the delay has been caused by circumstances outside of Midttrafik’s control (force majeure). This could include, for example, work stoppages; road blocks; bad weather in the form of heavy snow, ice, high winds, etc.; traffic accidents or sudden incidents where travel by private car on the same route would have been similarly affected.
- If Midttrafik had advised passengers of operational changes at www.midttrafik.dk or via other local media no later than 24 hours in advance.
- If you are delayed in connection with changing between trains, flights or ferries, or buses from a private bus company.
- In connection with delays that are due to inadequate information, incorrect information and/or possible errors on Midttrafik live
- Expenses for lost earnings.
- Any part of the journey you would have taken by train, air, ferry or buses from a private bus company (e.g. cost of new ticket).
- For groups of over 8 individuals. Schools, institutions, etc. with a CVR/EAN number can get a seat and travel guarantee by booking group travel no later than 4 full working days before travel on midttrafikbestilling.dk
If you are in any doubt as to whether the travel guarantee applies, you can call Midttrafik Customer Services on tel. +45 70 210 230.
Midttrafik must receive your application within 14 days of you using the travel guarantee. If the application is late, you cannot expect to be receive compensation.
Remember to fill in your IBAN and SWIFT code.
If you are entitled to compensation, the travel guarantee is paid out in DKK. Costs associated with the transaction are to be shared between Midttrafik and the customer, equivalent to costs incurred in each country.
You can also print out an application form and deliver it in person or send it to us.
Remember to attach your taxi receipt.
Søren Nymarks Vej 3, 8270 Højbjerg
Please mark the envelope: Travel Guarantee
Midttrafik Customer Services
Fredensgade 45, 8000 Aarhus C
Please mark the envelope: Travel Guarantee
Midttrafik’s travel guarantee covers travel expenses incurred from journeys by taxi (against a receipt) or private car (according to the government’s mileage rate) up to a distance of 50 kilometres. Please note that applications for a refund must be made by the driver of the car.
Taxi or car expenses will only be refunded to the destination to which the bus or Letbanen would have taken you.