Welcome to Region Midtjylland (Central Denmark Region).
Below are tips and guidelines for you to travel by bus in Midtjylland.
Midttrafik wishes you a pleasant stay!
If you are unfamiliar with travelling in Region Midtjylland (Central Denmark Region), we recommend that you use Rejseplanen. It is an online 'a - b' journey planner and it works for all of Denmark. Visit the website or download the app from AppStore or Google Play.
Tools for planning the trip yourself:
Buy and print your bus ticket at home, so it's ready when you board the bus. The printout interface is currently only available in Danish, but you can use our guide in English
Buy printout ticket
You can buy the following bus tickets as printouts:
- Travel Pass for Aarhus
- Travel Pass for all of Region Midtjylland
- Combination tickets for attractions
- 24-hour bus ticket for Samsø
Before long you will be able to buy a single ticket as a printout.
Please note that you can't buy multiride tickets as printouts.
The fare is doubled, when you travel by night bus - regardless of how far you travel. You may combine cash tickets, mobile tickets, multiride tickets and bus pass to achieve the sufficient fare.
Valid combinations for night bus travels:
- 2 x cash tickets/mobile tickets
- 2 x 1 stamp on a multiride ticket
- 1 cash tickets/mobile ticket + 1 stamp on a multiride ticket or showing a valid bus pass
- 1 stamp on a multiride ticket and showing a valid bus pass
- Showing a valid youth bus pass and 1 childrens cash ticket/mobile ticket
- Rejsekort (automatically charges an extra night bus fare of 20 kr. for adults, 10 kr. for children and 15 kr. for pensioners)
- 24-hour-ticket (no additional fare is needed)
- Travel pass (no additional fare is needed)
With roughly 1.2 million inhabitants Region Midtjylland is the second-largest region in Denmark, only surpassed by the Capital Region.
There are 19 municipalities and several large cities in Region Midtjylland, including Denmark’s second-largest city, Aarhus - as well as Randers, Horsens, Silkeborg and Herning.
The landscape in Region Midtjylland is varied – from the rolling dunes in the West, through beautiful lakes in the central part of the region, to attractive bays and idyllic spots on the East Coast.
Region Midtjylland has a considerable range of cultural and recreational attractions, from the internationally recognised art museum Aros in Aarhus, to Kattegatcentret (indoor, sea theme park) in Grenaa, Randers Regnskov (indoor, tropical rainforest) in Randers and Djurs Sommerland (summer theme park) on Djursland.
For more attractions and information go to visitdenmark.dk