At Midttrafik it is important for us to protect your personal information. That’s why we want to be as transparent as possible about how information is processed, on what legal basis we do so and what you can do as a citizen.
It is therefore our responsibility to inform you of your rights in connection with our processing of your personal information.
Who are we?
The transport company Midttrafik has administered public transport in the Central Jutland region since 1 January 2007.
The regional bus services are commissioned and paid for by the Central Jutland region and the 18 municipalities in the region each commission and pay for the bus services within their municipal boundaries.
Midttrafik is a merger of the former Århus Sporveje Trafikselskab, part of Viborg Amts Fælleskommunale Trafikselskab (VAFT), part of Vejle Amts Trafikselskab (VAT), the former counties of Ringkøbing and Århus and the municipalities in the two abolished counties.
As a result of the structural reform, the public transport network was organised into transport authorities.
As a registree at Midttrafik, you have a number of rights that we can help you exercise. This include a:
- Right of inspection: You have the right to inspect the personal information that we process about you.
- Right of rectification: You can contact us and have the personal information about you rectified.
- Right of deletion: In some cases, you are entitled to have the personal information held about you by Midttrafik permanently deleted.
- Right to restricted processing: You are entitled to restricted processing of your personal information, so that, for example, Midttrafik can only process it for a limited period.
- Right to data portability: You are entitled to receive the personal information held about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You are also entitled to have this personal information transferred from one Data Controller to another without hindrance. However, please be aware that this right does not apply to the processing of personal information that comes under the exercise of authority by a public body that Midttrafik is obliged to comply with.
- Right to object: In special situations, you are entitled to object to the otherwise lawful processing of your personal information.
- Right to not be the subject of a decision that is based solely on automatic processing, including profiling: You are entitled not to be subject to a decision based solely on automatic processing that has legal repercussions or significantly affects you in a similar way. In addition, you are entitled to ensure that selected personal data about you is not subject to automatic processing - such as information about work, your financial situation, health, interests, conduct etc. (The Data Protection Authority’s guidance regarding the rights of the registree).
Contact Midttrafik’s DPO (Data Protection Officer/Data Protection Consultant)
To find out more about your rights or the application of these, you may contact the organisation's Data Protection Officer (DPO) with the following information:
Name: Markus Klokhøj
Telephone: +45 87408281
Address: Weidekampsgade 6, 2300 Copenhagen
When and how do we collect your information?
Information about citizens/customers is obtained in the course of Midttrafik carrying out its tasks as a transport company and municipal community. A range of information is collected therefore, such as when you use Midttrafik’s transport services.
When you as a citizen visit Midttrafik’s website, cookies are used for statistical purposes. They collect information about how you use the website.
What type of information about you is collected?
The information processed by Midttrafik is primarily: your name, address, CPR number and telephone number. In addition, information is collected when using the Midttrafik website to find out which method you use to obtain information.
What is the information used for?
The information collected is processed as part of the public exercise of authority insofar as it is used to carry out Midttrafik's transport tasks.
In addition, information is processed to enable Midttrafik to provide the best possible service as a transport company, including:
Cookies allow Midttrafik to create an overview of how many visitors there are on the website and which parts of the website are being visited.
As a user, you can click on "No thanks" if you do not want your information collected.
What is the legal basis?
When ordinary personal data is processed at Midttrafik, the fundamental legal basis for this is the provisions of Article 6 (1) (e) of the Data Protection Regulation. It states here that processing is lawful if the information is processed as part of the public exercise of power, which is the case for most of the data processing done at Midttrafik.
In addition, sensitive personal data will be processed in certain cases on the basis of Article 9 (1) (b) (j) (f) and (h), which relate primarily to processing for reasons of work and employment law. Finally, special legislation may provide the legal authority for Midttrafik’s processing of sensitive personal data.
For cookies, the legal basis will be Article 6 (1) (a) of the Data Protection Regulation, regarding consent.
Are there other recipients of this information?
Midtttrafik will in some cases be required to transfer information to other public authorities. However, the transfer will be limited to being only the personal information that is processed as part of the exercise of public administration.
Specific processing of personal information
If you need to know more about our specific processing, you can read more about it here:
- Ticket control
- Group travel
- School season pass
- Midttrafik live
- Midttrafik app
When we receive your information at Midttrafik, we take the necessary measures to ensure that it is processed securely. We have implemented a number of technical and organisational safeguards that provide protection against accidental or illegal destruction as well against as loss or deterioration of information. In addition, measures have been taken to ensure that your information is not disclosed to any unauthorised person, misused or otherwise treated in violation of the Data Protection Regulation.
Midttrafik is the Data Controller for the processing of your information. This applies to all personal information processed in connection with our role as a public authority and in connection with the transport company’s services, such as transportation and ticket purchases. In case you wish to contact Midttrafik in connection with our role as Data Controller, you can do so using the contact details below:
Søren Nymarks Vej 3
Tel.: +45 87408200
If you wish to complain about Midttrafik's processing of your personal information, we recommend that you send your complaint to us.
However, you also have the option of sending your complaint directly to the Data Protection Authority. You will find the contact details for the Data Protection Authority at www.datatilsynet.dk